About the job:
The CSIR has an Internship opportunity in the Mandela Mining Precinct, which is hosted within the CSIR Business Excellence and Integration portfolio. The purpose of this internship is to provide graduates with an opportunity to gain practical work experience through research and development of competitive technologies and innovative products under the guidance of researchers and engineers within cross-functional teams. This opportunity is based in Johannesburg.
For more info about the Mandela Mining Precinct, please visit https://www.csir.co.za/mandela-mining-precinct
- Conduct literature review of previous research done locally and internationally on Real Time Information Management Systems (RTIMS)for underground mining environments as aligned to the programme;
- Undertake time and motion studies on identified RTIMS techniques and technologies at various mine sites;
- Engage with suppliers and manufacturers of RTIMS technologies related to the above at various mine sites;
- Write report on processes and results;
- Attend and present on results where required;
- Perform general administrative tasks as required by project leads/programme managers;
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- A BSC degree in Computer Science
- Post graduate qualification and exposure to IT environment will be an added advantage;
- A good understanding of systems requirements for converting data into knowledge
- The following skills are required;
- Self-motivated and a team player;
- Analytical, numerical, methodical, innovative and results driven;
- Willingness to learn and work under pressure;
- Administrative skills (minutes taking, filing and research);
- Pro-active and focused;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Good attention to details;
- Ability to prioritise and have a good sense of urgency and accuracy;
- Must have a valid Drivers Licence;
- Must have clear/no criminal record;
- All international qualifications require an evaluation report / certificate issued by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
Short-listed candidates may be subjected to a prescribed medical test / assessment, as it is a requirement in the mining sector
Applicants must provide a detailed CV and an academic record
Closing date: 14 July 2022
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
For more info, please email us at Recruitment02@csir.co.za. Please do-not send your application to this mailbox, it is only for inquiries.