NB: Those who have previously applied need not to re-apply
DIVISION: Financial Capital
DEPARTMENT: Financial Compliance and Reporting
VACANCY: Advisor: Financial Compliance and Reporting
SALARY BAND: D2
REF NO: FINADV01V3
NECSA is a Schedule 2 using IFRS State Owned Company (SOC) in terms of the Companies Act
and derives its mandate from the Nuclear Energy Act of 1999 responsible for undertaking and
promoting research and development in the field of nuclear energy and radiation sciences and for
the commercial exploitation of nuclear technology.
NECSA engages in commercial business mainly through its two 100% owned commercial subsidiaries NTP Radioisotopes (Pty) Ltd. and
Pelchem (Pty) Ltd.
NTP is responsible for a range of radiation-based products and services for
health care, life sciences and industry, whilst Pelchem supplies fluorine and fluorine-based
products. Further information on NECSA can be obtained from the website www.necsa.co.za.
To provide effective and efficient financial and advisory services to the Necsa Group mainly
assisting in preparation of company AFS as well as Consolidation in line with the International
Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), the PFMA read with Treasury Regulations and Companies
Act and good Financial Governance.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
● Assist in Preparation Annual Financial Statements and Consolidation in IFRS using
Caseware for the statutory audit purposes to ensure compliance to regulatory
requirements within the given timeframes;
● Consolidate and review all compliance reports for the Necsa Group for monthly financial
reporting to the EXCO to ensure compliance to Management Reporting;
● Consolidate and review Salient Features Quarterly Report to the Necsa Board of
Directors to ensure compliance to Management Reporting and PFMA requirements;
● Prepare in Microsoft Excel Medium Term Expenditure Committee (MTEC), Estimates of
National Expenditure( ENE) financial related reports requested by National Treasury and
the Department of Minerals, Resources and Energy (DMRE) to ensure compliance to
● Prepare and Report on internal and external audit findings to the Audit & Risk Committee
to ensure the accurate reporting on findings and resolutions are presented and
recommended to the Necsa Board;
● Co-ordinate the consolidation of the Necsa Group Budget that gets incorporated to
Corporate Plan to ensure Necsa complies with PFMA and regulatory requirements;
1 FINADV01V3 Advisor: Financial Compliance & Reporting-July 2022 |
● Advise on Value-added tax matters to Necsa departments to ensure the best possible tax
options are utilised for planned projects where applicable and
● Adhoc tasks as and when applicable.
● Attention to detail*
● Adherence to deadline and working under pressure;*
● Judgement & Decision Making *
● Communication *
● Trust & Credibility (Ethical Behaviour)*
● Excellence/Quality Orientation
● Problem Solving
● Holistic / Big Picture Thinking
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
● Registered Chartered Accountant CA (SA).
● Minimum 2 years post articles experience.
● Practical experience in Preparation of Company Annual Financial Statements and
Consolidation using IFRS.
● Practical Experience in using Caseware Software.
● Minimum Intermediary Microsoft Skills.
Closing date: 20 July 2022.
Ms. Lydia Lebona
Tel: 012 305 4150
Interested candidates are invited to forward their CVs with certified copies of educational
qualifications to Financial.Capital@necsa.co.za
Should you not hear from us within 30 days of the closing date, please consider your application
Necsa Group is committed to Employment Equity when recruiting. Therefore, priority will be given
to African Females, African Males and people with disabilities, in support of achieving our
Employment Equity targets.