This advert is open for application by external applicants.
Equity Statement :Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the
designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section
of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
The closing date is on 06.07.2022. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application
before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your
application as unsuccessful.
Operating Division : TPT POD Corporate H/O
Position Title : Young Professionals-in-Training
Employee Group : Trainee
Department : People Mgmt
Location : Durban
Reporting To :
Grade Level : YPT
Reference Number : 2021554
The purpose of the Young Professional in Training
Programme is to develop a pipeline for key roles within Transnet Port Terminals (TPT) through a structured 24-month training
The programme seeks to place Young Professional in specific areas within TPT according to their academic background,
career aspirations and business requirements
Follow a structure training programme
• Undergo performance reviews and assessments every 6 (six) months
• Submit monthly reports
• Perform all duties as contained in his/her development programme, as well as which he/she may reasonably be required to
perform by Transnet Port Terminals.
PLEASE NOTE: Transnet, its employees or representatives never ask for a fee from job seekers. Any such requests are fraudulent.
Please report any
suspicious activities in this regard to the Transnet anti-fraud line on 0800 003 056.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or NQF level 7 equivalent in Accounting, Cost and Management Accounting, Finance or related incumbents to be based at TPT Head Office
• National Diploma or NQF level 6 equivalent in Accounting, Cost and Management Accounting, Finance or related – incumbents to be based at TPT Head Office
•Must have above average computer skills
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written
• Must have good administration and organisation skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks
• Ability to conduct research
• Ability to perform within an integrated team environment
• Good interpersonal skills
• Professional attitude and a willingness to learn
• Good time management
Preference will be given to applicants within eThekwini Municipality