Job Ref #: SD01
Industry: Information Technology
Job Type: Permanent
Positions Available: 2
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE The role is one which requires advanced skills and understanding of software development, with experience in Mendix software development or rapid development tools. The role also requires the candidate to show a strong administrative aptitude and ability to work alongside internal business customers.
JHB East Rand
The role will have accountability for the development of internal applications built on the Mendix framework, based on tasks according to scheduled sprints & backlog as well as maintenance and administration of several internal business applications which have been developed in Mendix.
MAIN FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Mendix development – Feature Requests, Bug Fixes & Business Project applications.
- Understanding of Integration with other systems using Web Services.
- Ad-Hoc understanding of other programming languages.
- Working with Agile Planning tool within the Internal Development team.
- Ensuring all development documentation is in place and up to date.
- Working with Software Development Manager, Business Analyst & Test Analyst to ensure development delivery is on schedule.
- Technical and functional testing prior to handover for testing/ UAT.
- Ad-Hoc end-to-end testing to support development teamwork (as and when required).
- Support the team in ensuring the 99.999% uptime departmental objectives are achieved on Mendix platforms.
Internal Business Support
- 2nd Level Business Support on all Internal Mendix Business Applications.
- Liaising with business on bugs and fixes of internal business applications.
- Working alongside other departments to ensure applications are bug free and developed to the optimal development standards.
- Ad-Hoc training for business users.
- Perform standby support as per the standby shift rules.
- Prepare technical specification / documentation when required.
- Document code releases and sprinter, as per required standards.
- Daily update and provide feedback on tickets to internal clients; Ensure tickets are fully updated at all times
- Perform complete RCA and corrective actions, and update tickets fully in this regards.
- Ensure internal clients confirm tickets are resolved before closure of tickets.
- Provide timeous feedback to Software Development Manager as and when requested, to facilitate sprint planning and release schedules.
Information Technology Security
- Manage risks associated with access to the information assets/systems.
- Ensure code developed and released in compliance with ISO 27001 and ISAE 3402 best practice.
- Team worker and knowledge sharing amongst the team
- Good communication skills
- Active listening – ability to understand requirements
- Ability to communicate in English
- Proactive problem solver
- Ability to work independently & a positive team player
- Conducts self professionally, exhibits high levels of tolerance and patience
- Responsible for continued learning and self-development
- All activities performed on time
- Ability to write technical design specifications or technical impact documentation
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Tertiary IT Degree or Diploma preferred but not mandatory
- Understanding of Agile development methodologies
- Understanding of other development languages preferred (JAVA preferred)
- Knowledge of internet protocols eg. SNMP, SMTP & IMAP preferable
- Knowledge of systems integration using REST & SOAP Web Services
- Preference will be given to candidates who
- Who have previous software development experience and understanding of rapid development tools
- A certification in rapid development tools (e.g. Mendix Rapid Developer preferred)