JOB TITLE ; ALLISA Graduate Trainee: Engineering – X7 – Secunda
A world leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 78 countries with approximately 64,500 employees and serves more than 3.8 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen are essential small molecules for life, matter and energy. They embody Air Liquide’s scientific territory and have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902.
Air Liquide’s ambition is to be a leader in its industry, deliver long term performance and contribute to sustainability – with a strong commitment to climate change and energy transition at the heart of its strategy.
Entity and activity description
This is for the position in the graduate development programme. The programme is based on a three year training period in Operations and Technology.
You will be assessed on a six monthly basis to demonstrate competencies developed and highlight areas which require more development. After being declared competent at the end of the training period, you will become eligible to apply for vacant positions subject to the availability of vacancies.
Missions and Responsibilities
- Learn and understand the ALLISA value chain including Operations, Engineering, Technology Finance, Human Resources, Supply Chain and Project Management, the product and applications, test methods and equipment in the context of the discipline,
- Support and follow instructions to execute our operations, design, engineering, development of our process, modification of the process or equipment in accordance with sound established engineering principles and standards of the business requirements
- Support the execution of an engineering scope of work for small multidisciplinary projects
- Understand the importance of planning and integration
- Understand how our business unit fits in within the Hub of the larger AIL LIQUIDE value chain
- Develop a sound understanding of your discipline as per knowledge gained and sound understanding with regards the process equipment
- Be able to define business risks and applying risk assessment tools, specific job risk assessments
- Apply safety principles in the planning and execution of projects
- Perform all tasks cost-consciously
- Adhere to standards of ALLISA in terms of quality of work and due dates
- Identify any optimisation opportunities
- Perform Technical and Economic evaluations of projects, ideas and modifications
Competencies and Profile
A Minimum of a B Eng/BSC Industrial Engineering, Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, Process Engineering, with limited or none practical experience
- Preference will be given to applicants who are residing within our line of communities
- Proof of residence will be required
- Interviews will take place
- Medical and fitness assessments
- Security clearance
- Qualification verification
- Valid drivers license
- Analytical thinking
- Problem solving skills
- Computer literate
Please note that ALLISA is a separate entity from all current Air Liquide entities in South Africa and reports directly to the AMEI Hub, with its own set of policies and procedures as well as compensation structure. All these positions are based in Secunda.