Transnet invites unemployed graduates to apply for Young Professional in Training Internship Programme 2022.
Location: Esselenpark, Tembisa, South Africa
Closing Date: 05 April 2022
Transnet Academy is looking for dynamic and recently qualified graduates for a two-year programme (24 months programme). The main purpose is to ensure the success of Transnet Academy by producing quality work on time and actively participating in the execution of internal unit roles.
To do list
- Successful Candidates will be trained and exposed to the following:
- Leadership & Functional Development
- Governance, Compliance and Quality Assurance
- People Management
- Research and Analysis
- Delivering specific tasks within a work-stream/department
- Reports to Mentor and Line Management
- Allocation to project work.
- Take work briefs / instructions from Mentor and / or Specialist to structure work required to produce specific project deliverable.
- Execute project work tasks effectively and efficiently as an individual and collaboratively.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research, including interviews with client personnel, key market players and industry specialists, to generate required information to fulfil project work tasks.
- Produce MS Office Word and / or PowerPoint format reports that communicate deliverable in a clear and logical structure.
- Produce quality work that can be used as input to developing most appropriate project solutions for the client.
- Support of internal initiatives to achieve Transnet Academy operational excellence e.g. Knowledge Management centre.
National Diploma / Degree / BTech in the following disciplines including but not limited to:
- Business Management
- Transport / Operations
- Security Studies
- Politics/Political Analysis
- International Relations
Skills and Competencies:
- Problem-solving, being able to identify issues and resolve programs in a timely manner.
- Must posesses entry level project management skills.
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both written and orally, as to communicate with employees and stakeholders
- Must be able to effectively read and interpret information, present numerical data in a resourceful manner, and skilfully gather and analyse information.
- Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities as to use time efficiently.
- Must be organized, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality.
- Must be dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and must be able to improve performance through management feedback.