Water Research Council (WRC) invites applicants to apply for Graduate / Internship Programme 2022.
Location: Pretoria, Gauteng
Closing Date: 23 February 2022
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and passionate individuals for the Pretoria-based opportunity of a:
2 Year Internship Programme
- Finance Intern (REF:FI)
- Supply Chain Intern (SCI)
- Marketing Intern (MI)
- People and Culture Intern (PCI)
As a pathway to the world of Research and Development, the WRC is offering an opportunity to 4 young people to kick-start their careers and play an important part in steering the water research agenda in South Africa and beyond. We have the following opportunities available in our various branches:
- Finance Branch: 1 x Finance Intern and 1 x Supply Chain Intern
- Corporate Service Branch: 1 x People and Culture Intern
- Innovation and Impact: 1 x Marketing InternThe ideal applicants should be in possession of a 3 year Diploma/Degree as follows:
- Finance Intern – Accounting/Finance or related field
- Supply Chain Intern – Supply Chain Management/ Procurement Management/PurchasingManagement or related field
- People and Culture Intern – Human Resources Management or related field
- Marketing Intern – Creative Brand Communications/Multimedia Design/Digital mediaDesign/Graphic Design or related fieldIn addition the applicants should be computer literate (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Project and PowerPoint) with excellent organizing, attention to detail and coordinating skills.Effective communication and interpersonal skills are essential. For the Marketing Intern, applicants must be skilled in the use of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, and Adobe Illustrator as well as CorelDraw.In return we offer you a 2 year programme aimed at development in your respective field with broad exposure to different business areas and a chance to make an impact with great learning opportunities along the way. Furthermore you will be equipped with cross functional expertise through a combination of work assignments, participate in business improvement projects and take part in some of the most exciting initiatives within our organisation.
How to apply
The successful candidates will be exposed to our diverse cultures and have an opportunity to learn and develop through mentorship and hands-on experience.
As a WRC intern you will:
- ✓ Receive coaching and mentoring from leading experts in the water sector
- ✓ Get on-the-job exposure in a fast-paced, innovative environment with a high performanceculture
- ✓ A range of job rotations that offer incredible variety, stretch and the opportunity to make animpact from day oneThe appointment will be made in line with the WRC’s employment equity plan and the WRC supports applications from individuals with a disability.To apply please submit your CV to Human Resources, via e- mail to email@example.com quoting clearly the reference number as a subject matter. Only CV’s received via e- mail will be considered. The closing date for all applications is 23 February 2022. Applicants who have not been contacted by 31 March 2022 should consider their application for this position as unsuccessful.