Posted Date: 09-Feb-2022
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Company: Sanlam Group
What will you do?
The Human Resources Division has a permanent position available for a HR Business Partner based in Gauteng, reporting to the HR Business Partner Lead.
To provide Human Resource consultation to assigned business units and to be instrumental in facilitating and implementing agreed deliverables. These business deliverables will be aligned to Human Resources’ Strategy/Business Strategy, collaborating to develop and implement best practice HR programs, policies and systems that support the organisation’s leaders and managers in managing their units and meeting their strategic priorities. Key to the success of the HRBP is the ability to develop a strategic partnership in their ‘day to day’ work within assigned portfolios. This comes from understanding the department or business key strategic challenges and providing HR intervention to help the leaders achieve their goals and create positive and productive workplaces.
What will make you successful in this role?
The HRBP will take ownership of the overall HR practices for the business area, supported by the HR Shared Service Centre and the Centre of Expertise (COE), attending to:
Talent Management & Acquisition
- Manage delivery on talent acquisition with the support of the Talent Acquisition specialist
- Drive the talent management and succession planning
- Develop appropriate talent management strategies aligned to the business strategy
- Has a good understanding of the business in order to partner at the right level and influence HR related decisions
- Provide advice and guidance on complex matters to managers and employees across the business area on HR related matters
- Analyse, interpret and conduct a trend analysis on HR data
- Quarterly feedback on HR trends and provide solutions as required
- Drive actions with the support of the relevant CoE
Diversity management & Employment Equity
- Assist in developing EE plan per BU, implement actions, track and achieve milestones
- Ensure execution of all diversity initiatives in line with the BU EE Plan
- Facilitate the performance management process (contracting, appraisals, reporting on trends, informal training)
- Support business with having the right conversations in terms of differentiating individual performance to business performance/objectives
- Continuous education regarding the performance management process
Culture and Engagement
- Facilitate and manage any change management interventions in the BU
- Responsible for the execution of the culture and engagement survey in respect of feedback to business, action planning
- Partner with business regarding OD
Learning and Development
- Facilitate discussions regarding work related and post graduate study aid (candidate approval) as well as the placement of learners and graduates
- Facilitate delivery on L&D needs through companywide programmes and putting interventions in place in consultations with L&D COE to address those needs that cannot be addressed through generic programmes
- Provide sound advice to ensure the organisation complies to best practice and legislative issues
- Provide support to line managers in dealing with disciplinary, incapacity and grievance matters
- Deal with all appeals from disciplinary proceedings in line with the disciplinary code
- Support the business with matters that have been referred externally for conciliation
- pro-actively addressing training needs in consultation with relevant COE
- Facilitate remuneration processes in BU’s including creating awareness of employee wellness offerings, job evaluation etc.
Qualification and Experience
- Postgraduate degree in HR, Industrial Psychology or equivalent is preferred
- 7 years+ HR Generalist experience
- Ability to travel as required
- Knowledgeable about HR practices: recruitment, talent development, performance management, legislation, labour relations, leadership and organisational development, change management and remuneration.
- A strong understanding of HR legislation and requirements, and the ability to apply the relevant legislation in the work environment. Specifically, knowledge of employment practices & compliance (Labour Relations Act, Basic Conditions of Employment Act, Employment Equity Act, Skills development Act).
- Good knowledge and understanding of HR Best practices, policies and procedures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Business acumen
- Good HR Consulting skills
- Ability to build and maintain good internal and external relationships
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills. Ability to analyse and interpret statistical data/HR analytics
- Ability to conduct self in a professional manner at all times
- Ability to work with individuals and team
- High degree of self-management, displaying an organised and measured approach to the workload and the clients – strong planning and organising skills
- Project Management skills
Cultivates innovation – Contributing through othersCustomer focus – Contributing through othersDrives results – Contributing through othersBeing resilient – Contributing through othersCollaborates – Contributing through others
About The Company
Santam is the market leader in the general insurance industry in Southern Africa. We are a large, diversified, expanding and transforming company and whilst based in South Africa, we are rapidly moving into a number of emerging markets, both in Africa and Asia.
Our success is rooted in our passion for our clients and everything we do is centered on our delivery of Insurance Good and Proper. We’re about people. People drive our business so it follows that we want to recruit the best people possible whether they work for us permanently or for a short time as temporary employees.
At Santam we are committed to transformation and embracing diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse workplace with employment equity as a key goal to create an inclusive workforce, representative of the demographics of our society. In achieving our employment equity goals we give preference to applicants from the designated groups in alignment with the Divisions Employment Equity targets.