- Reference Number : REFS/012998
- Directorate : VETERINARY PUBLIC HEALTH AND EXPORT FACILITATION
- Number of Posts : 1
- Package : R744 255. 00 Per Annum (all-inclusive salary package which can be structured according to an individual needs)
- Enquiries : Mr. Rassy Rasemetse, Tel: 011 240 3083
Minimum Requirements :
- Grade 12 plus a Bachelor’s degree (NQF level 7) in BVSc/ BVMch or relevant qualification as recognized by SAQA. 1 – 2 years’ relevant experience in the Veterinary field, especially in Export Facilitation. Must be registered with the South African Veterinary Council (SAVC). Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Computer Literacy, Communication Skills (both written and verbal). Good interpersonal and networking skills. Supervisory and good administrative skills. Knowledge, understanding and application of Veterinary legislation (Meat Safety Act, 2000 (Act no. 40 of 2000), Animal Diseases act, 1984 (Act no. 35 of 1984) and related regulations as well as veterinary health certification procedures. Understanding of hygiene management systems in the context of meat/ food safety and animal diseases control schemes. Knowledge and understanding of import and export regulatory framework for live animals, food and products of animal origin. Knowledge and understanding of procedures related to quality management systems and information technology. COMPETENCIES: To perform Export Facilitation functions: Export establishment inspections and registrations. Facility and consignment inspections, maintain/ update the automated health certification systems. Research and provide the latest import/ export information for use by the export unit sub-directorate. Design and update certificate templates, maintain an efficient audit and monitoring system. Liaise with other government departments on a National, Provincial and Local level, clients, community structures as well as the private sector. To perform Administrative functions: Supervision of administrative and other technical staff members, maintenance of records, preparing monthly, quarterly, annual and any other reports as assigned. Contribute towards good management of the directorate.
- To apply for the above position, please apply online at http://professionaljobcentre.gpg.gov.za/ or Hand Deliver at Ground floor, Main entrance 56 Eloff Street, Umnotho House Johannesburg. Applications must be submitted on a new Z83 form, obtainable from any Public Service Department or from the website which must be completed in full. Candidates must attach their recently updated CV as well as certified copies of all qualification/s and ID document (no copies of certified copies are allowed; certification should not be more than six months old). Failure to submit all the requested documents will result in the application not being considered. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. NB: For assistance with online applications, visit the following centres: 78 Fox Street, Marshalltown or Maponya Mall. It is the Department’s intention to promote representivity (Race, Gender and Disability) in the Public Service through the filling of this post. It is the Department’s intention to promote equity through the filling of all numeric targets as contained in the Employment Equity Plan. Coloureds and Indians will be prioritized. To facilitate this process successfully, an indication of Race, Gender and Disability status is required. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). The Department reserves the right not to appoint. Disabled people are encouraged to apply. If you do not receive any response from us within 3 months, please accept your application was unsuccessful.
Employer : Department of Agriculture and Rural Development
Location : JOHANNESBURG
Closing Date : 04-02-2022
|Do you have Grade 12 plus a Bachelor’s Degree in BVSc/ BVMch or relevant qualification?|
|Do you have 1 – 2 years’ relevant experience in Export Facilitation?|
|Are you registered with the South African Veterinary Council?|
|Do you have a valid driver’s license?|
Please Notes :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.