Department of Roads and Transport
Specialist: HIV, AIDS, STI& TB (HAST) – Twelve (12) months contract (Erratum)
- Reference Number : refs/012953
- Directorate : Organisational Development and Human Resources Administration
- Number of Posts : 1
- Package : R744 255.00 per annum (all-inclusive remuneration package) level 11
- Enquiries : Ms. T. Odame-Takyi, Tel no: (011) 355-7490
- National Diploma in Social Sciences or equivalent NQF Level 6 qualification. Registration with relevant professional Council/RPL Certificate in relation to the post. 5 year’s relevant experience in Employee Health and Wellness/EAP field of which at least 3 years must have been at the level of Assistant Director or equivalent. Knowledge and understanding of Employee Health and Wellness theory, practice and management. Knowledge of DPSA Employee Health and Wellness Framework and related policies e.g. Health and Productivity, Wellness management, HIV, AIDS, STI& TB, SHERQ, PILIR, Mental Health Policy Framework, NSP and Policy on Reasonable Accommodation and Assistive Devices for Employees with Disabilities in the Public Service. Knowledge of Human Resource and Organisational Development policies, procedures and guidelines. Relevant Human Resource legislation e.g. BCEA, LRA, EEA, SDA, OHSA; COIDA. A Valid Drivers’ license and must be computer literate. Proficiency required in Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- To manage and promote HAST prevention. Develop and implement interventions for reduction of vulnerability to HIV and TB infection and all modes of HIV transmission. To facilitate provision of Treatment Care and Support. Provide access to HIV Counselling and Testing, promote adherence to counselling and regular HIV testing, including those with active TB disease. To promote Conducting of research, monitoring and evaluation. Develop and implement data management system for NSP indicators developed to generate quarterly and annual reports. To promote human rights and access to justice. Manage and conduct workshops and campaigns to address matters relating to unfair discrimination, unfair treatment and stigma against people living with HIV and AIDS and related ailments. Manage compilation of management reports as required. To manage COVID-19 management interventions. Present monthly, quarterly and annual reports for the purpose of appropriate reporting by management as required. Manage the resources of the HAST programmes. Supervise and manage staff.
- All shortlisted candidates will be subject to pre-employment screening (vetting). Preference will be given to women and Persons with disabilities. Applicants must complete, initial and sign Z83 form. All applicants must submit copies of qualifications, Identity Document, and driver’s license (where appropriate) and any other relevant documents. Such copies need not be certified when applying for a post. The communication from the Human Resources division regarding the requirements for certified documents will be limited to the shortlisted candidates. Therefore, only shortlisted candidates will be required to submit certified documents on or before the date of the interview. Applications must be delivered: to Life Centre Building, 45 Commissioner Street, Marshalltown, Johannesburg, 2107 or posted to P.O Box X83, Marshalltown, 2107 or submitted electronically through https://professionaljobcentre.gpg.gov.za/. Applications received after the closing date will be disqualified. Errors and omissions will be rectified. The Department reserves the right not to fill the position.
Employer : Department of Roads and Transport
Location : Johannesburg
Closing Date : 02-04-2022
|Do you have a National Diploma in Social Sciences or equivalent NQF Level 6 qualification?|
|Have you registered with relevant professional Council/RPL Certificate in relation to the post?|
|Do you have 5 year’s relevant experience in Employee Health and Wellness/EAP field of which at least 3 years must have been at the level of Assistant Director or equivalent?|
|Do you have knowledge and understanding of Employee Health and Wellness theory, practice and management?|
|Do you have knowledge of DPSA Employee Health and Wellness Framework and related policies?|
Please Notes :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.