REFERENCE NR : VAC00904
JOB TITLE : Senior Manager: Management Accounting (Provinces)
JOB LEVEL : D5
SALARY : R 986 492- R 1 479 739
REPORT TO : Head of Department: Management Accounting.
DIVISION : Finance
Department : Management Accounting
LOCATION : SITA Erasmuskloof
POSITION STATUS : Permanent (Internal & External)
Purpose of the job
To manage the annual budget process which includes preparing an annual budget that is aligned with the organization’s strategy, this includes inculcating a business mentality in the organization that drives commercial value, conducting financial and non-financial data analyses that directly affect the organization’s financial performance. The role will also drive and manage the business partnering model to ensure financially sustainable and commercially viable business decisions at all levels.
Key Responsibility Areas
• Manage and implement the organisation’s budgeting process (operational and capital).
• Create, execute and manage the business partnering model.
• Perform financial management to ensure the Departments perform in accordance with the targets set.
• Manage the implementation of both internal and external audit recommendations by coordinating audit activities to enhance and enforce internal control measures.
• Financial and business management; and Human Capital Management.
Qualifications and Experience
Minimum: Hons degree in Financial Management and/ or Accounting or equivalent to at least NQF Level 8. Registration with CIMA and/or SAIPA (professional body)
Experience : 7-8 years as a subject matter expert within the Financial Management environment with emphasis on budgeting in a Corporate/ Public Sector organization. Experience should include experience with data analysis and at least 2 years ‘experience as a Manager/ Specialist in Corporate or Public Sector. Experience with Oracle or equivalent ERP system is essential. Experience on a Senior Management level will be an added advantage.
Technical Competencies Description
In-depth knowledge of industry’s standards and regulations; Public Financial Management Act and Treasury Regulations; ERP Financial Management Systems such as Oracle; Budget models in Corporate/Public Sector environment; Financial Management Framework in the Corporate/ Public Sector environment; Accounting principles and standards; Strategic partnering models; Excellent knowledge of reporting procedures and record keeping; Understand business risk, and have the technical knowledge to implement appropriate controls; Thorough understanding of the principles and application of good corporate governance, business and operational risk and control processes and procedures; Knowledge of relevant standards and regulations in all jurisdictions in which Government institutions operates; Expert knowledge of corporate regulatory environment, corporate governance principles. Must have advanced level Excel proficiency.
Skills: Business Writing, Financial Accounting, Management Accounting, Project/Programme Management, Corporate Governance.
Leadership Competencies: Customer Experience, Collaboration, Communicating and Influencing, Honesty, Integrity and Fairness, Outcomes driven, Planning and Organising, Creative Problem Solving, Managing People and Driving Performance, Responding to Change and Pressure, and Strategic Thinking.
Interpersonal/behavioural competencies: Active listening, Attention to Detail, Analytical thinking, Disciplined, Resilience, and Stress Management.
Other Special Requirements: N/A
How to apply
- To apply please log onto the e-Government Portal: www.eservices.gov.za and follow the following process;
- Register using your ID and personal information;
- Use received one-time pin to complete the registration;
- Log in using your username and password;
- Select Recruitment Jobs;
- Select Recruitment Citizen to browse and apply for jobs;
- Once logged in, click the Online Help tab for support if needed.
For queries/support contact the following people: Prudence.firstname.lastname@example.org, Masoko.Rallele@sita.co.za and Zanele.email@example.com
CV`s sent to the above email addresses will not be considered.
Closing Date: 25 January 2022
SITA is an Employment Equity employer and this position will be filled based on Employment Equity Plan. Correspondence will be limited to short listed candidates only. Preference will be given to members of designated groups.
• If you do not hear from us within two months of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
• Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Please clearly indicate the reference number of the position you are applying for.
• It is the applicant
s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). • Only candidates who meet the requirements should apply. • SITA reserves a right not to make an appointment. • Appointment is subject to getting a positive security clearance, the signing of a balance score card contract, verification of the applicant’s documents (Qualifications), and reference checking. • Correspondence will be entered to with shortlisted candidates only. • CVs from Recruitment Agencies will not be considered.
• CV’s sent to incorrect email address will not be considered