REFERENCE NR : VAC00271/23
JOB TITLE : Senior Business Analyst
JOB LEVEL : D2
SALARY : R 620 597 – R 930 895
REPORT TO : Lead Solution Architect
DIVISION : PLC KZN
DEPT : KZN PLC Advisory Services
LOCATION : Pietermaritzburg, KZN
POSITION STATUS : Permanent (Internal & External)
Purpose of the job
Analyze the business domain by gaining in-depth understanding of the business strategy, processes, services and roadmap. Review the end-toned business processes to identify operational, financial and technological risks. Identify opportunities to improve efficiency by optimizing business performance through technology application. Manage projects to develop the business domain in accordance with ICT standards and the enterprise architecture for government.
Key Responsibility Areas
• Analyse the business domain area and propose optimization strategies to improve business performance;
• Manage the lifecycle of requirements managements;
• Develop the Business Solution Specification in accordance with ICT standards and the enterprise architecture for Government;
• Manage business analysis and design projects spanning multiple environments to ensure that it is successfully delivered;
• Participate in procurement of integrated IT solutions in accordance with ICT standards for Government, and within the SITA Supply Chain Management governance framework;
• Participate in execution of comprehensive software test activities in accordance with SITA Testing methodologies, techniques and Tools;
• Participate in packaging and releasing of integrated IT software components in accordance with SITA application development standards;
• Keep abreast of the latest industry developments and ensure that appropriate technologies are used for knowledge management so as to ensure innovation and improved productivity.
Qualifications and Experience
Minimum3 year National Higher Diploma / Degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems, Technology and Engineering.
Experience: 6 -7 years’ experience with 4 years as a business analyst, business domain/architecture development, requirement management and end-toned business process modelling including business reengineering.
Technical Competencies Description
Knowledge of: ICT legislation, policies and standards Financial Management Business Process Management Business Analysis Body of Knowledge Data Management ICT Supply Management practices Information System Security Project Management Enterprise Architecture frameworks (TOGAF, Zachman, FEAF, MODAF, GWEA) Testing methodologies Corporate Governance of ICT Development Methodologies Implementation and Integration Methodologies Commercial of the Shelf (COTS) products Open Source Software (OSS) products. Skills: Business Analysis. Leadership Competencies: Collaboration; Communicating and Influencing; Honesty, Integrity and Fairness Innovation; and Planning and Organising. Interpersonal/behavioural competencies: Attention to Detail; Analytical thinking; Continuous Learning; Disciplined; Resilience; and Stress Management.
Other Special Requirements: N/A
How to apply
- To apply please log onto the e-Government Portal: www.eservices.gov.za and follow the following process;
- Register using your ID and personal information;
- Use received one-time pin to complete the registration;
- Log in using your username and password;
- Select Recruitment Jobs;
- Select Recruitment Citizen to browse and apply for jobs;
- Once logged in, click the Online Help tab for support if needed.
For queries/support contact the following people: Prudence.firstname.lastname@example.org Buyiswa.Sicwebu@sita.co.za and Zanele.email@example.com
CV`s sent to the above email addresses will not be considered.
Closing Date: 25 January 2022
SITA is Employment Equity employer and this position will be filled based on Employment Equity Plan. Correspondence will be limited to short listed candidates only.
• If you do not hear from us within two months of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
• Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Please clearly indicate the reference number of the position you are applying for.
• It is the applicant
s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). • Only candidates who meet the requirements should apply. • SITA reserves a right not to make an appointment. • Appointment is subject to getting a positive security clearance, the signing of a balance score card contract, verification of the applicants’ documents (Qualifications), and reference checking. • Correspondence will be entered to with shortlisted candidates only. • CVs from Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted
• CV’s sent to incorrect email address will not be considered