Fleet Controller (CCB211004-1) – CCBA Africa Bottle
Coca-Cola Beverages South Africa
Location – Country
Location – Province
Location – Town / City
Coca-Cola Beverages South Africa (CCBSA) has exciting opportunities in our Fleet department.
We are looking for a talented individual with relevant skills and experience for a Fleet Controller, which is based in Phoenix. The successful candidate will report directly to the Regional Fleet Manager.
A leading FMCG is looking for a suitably qualified and experienced candidate to manage the company’s fleet (material handling equipment) functions, workshops and contractors to comply with the CCBSA’s
Transport and Safety regulations and relevant legislation so that all services related to transport and equipment can be maintained.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
• Manage and coordinate work of artisans on the floor directly
• Ensure quality control carried out
• Applies company legislative requirements
• Manage the fleet administration function for the site
• Maintains Fleet Master Data for appropriate sites
• Develops service and COR (Certificate of Roadworthiness) schedules as per required standards and distributes appropriately, ensures that schedules are adhered to.
• Maintain and update service schedule board in the workshop daily
• Ensures all vehicles have valid licensing and are roadworthy according to AARTO/Legislation standards
• ODO and Hrs operated recorded weekly for all equipment and report distributed to Fleet Logistics controller and Distribution/Warehouse as required
• Breakdowns analyzed and appropriate action taken
• Afterhours and weekend standby rosters generated, communicated and monitored
• Key performance indicators of staff updated monthly
• Filing System – Vehicle files and service records maintained fully
• Ensure administrative functions as per fleet clerk job description executed
• Ensure Fleet Department goals are executed and achieved.
• Month end fuel control – daily and monthly fuel controls overseen
• Automated fuel system managed -inform suppliers of breakdowns of fuel stations
• Adherence to service schedule monitored and completed
• Random Pre and Post service vehicle inspections carried out daily
• HR activities fully executed and on time -career development, IMP, increases etc
• Accident repairs for light Vehicles managed
• Standard bank recons fleet card acquisition overseeing
• Allocations of costs – to cost centres and distributions to cost centres overseen
• SAP Fleet Data base – Update Licenses in SAP
• Vehicle condition/ breakdown report managed daily
• Implementing Policies and Standards as per CCBSA legislation
• Ensure vehicles are made available for service and repairs on time
• Vehicle Maintenance on truck tractors, rigid trucks, semi-trailers, LDVs, lifting equipment, special events and cleaning equipment executed as per policy
• Pre and Post Trip– defects logged and repaired
• Monitor repairs costs and manages appropriate corrective actions
• Assess quotes for repairs
• Monthly structural and visual conditions surveys carried out and appropriate repairs commissioned
• Fleet availability scrutinize out of service report and action
• Breakdown Response Programme executed
• Accident /Abuse cost control executed
• Liaises with appropriate departments to ensure vehicles Cleaned, Washed weekly and polished 6 monthly
• Monitors Tarpaulin and accessories and repairs immediately
• Manages on site tyre programme fully which include tyre maintenance, wheel alignment, Matching, scrapping and audits
• Fleet audits conducted according to schedule
• Assist with Owner driver truck audits when requested
• Asset verification conducted as per agreement
• Liaises with appropriate vendors and risk personnel for Fuel/ gas tank validations and integrity tests
• Schedule Exhausts emission tests, analyses and action
• Fork lift complete safety checks as per supplier, annually. Load tests conducted as per legislation
• NOSA- oversees safety programme fully
• Fork lift gas tanks and main bulk gas tank validations and inspections as per legislation carried out\
• Assists with accident damages investigations
• Expert advice during accident investigation and quality check on work carried out
• Carries out vehicle inspections as per agreement
• Assists with stolen vehicle recovery as required
• Pre-trip inspection – oversees the collection and recorded and filed for audit purposes
• Maintenance Contracts managed, orders placed and paid
• Oversees Vehicle tracking requirements and activation through appropriate department
• Standard bank Fleet management control – runs reports, analyses and distributes
• Fleet to pull complete R114 for all Vehicles report for depot on a monthly basis
• Manage cell phone costs and standby vehicles expenditure.
• Ensure that monthly toolbox inspection takes place.
KEY ATTRIBUTES AND COMPETENCIES:
• Well-developed clerical skills, with attention to detail.
• Well-developed facilitation and communication skills.
• Ability to plan and organise.
• Ability to influence.
• Ability to analyze and identify root causes and solutions.
• A fast learner of detailed business processes
• High Level Energies
• Good self-management skills
• Good understanding of Fleet maintenance & control
Skills, Experience & Education
• Matric or equivalent NQF level
• Qualified petrol or diesel mechanic and 5 years relevant mechanical experience
• 3 years’ workshop management experience
• Advanced PC skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, SAP, and SAPHR.)
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional or relevant information as criteria for short-listing. Interested applicants, who meet the above employee specifications may apply ONLINE.
How to apply :