REFERENCE NR : VAC00270/23
JOB TITLE : Business Analyst
JOB LEVEL : C5
SALARY : R 455 638 – R 683 457
REPORT TO : Senior Business Analyst
DIVISION : PLC KZN
DEPT : KZN PLC Advisory Services
LOCATION : Pietermaritzburg, KZN
POSITION STATUS : Permanent (Internal & External)
Purpose of the job
To help the business implement technology solutions in a cost-effective way by determining the requirements of a project or program, and communicating them clearly to stakeholders, facilitators and partners. (review, assessment, and development of business processes.)
Key Responsibility Areas
• Consults with clients (Govt Departments) management and personnel to identify, define and document business needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input and output requirements, and levels of systems access. to improve interoperability of government systems and quality of services and deliverables.
• Identifies opportunities for improving business processes through information systems and/or non-system driver changes; assists in the preparation of proposals to develop new systems and/or operational changes.
• Deliver services according to project plans and architectural and governance mechanisms to ensure overall compliance and improved service delivery
• Create business requirements analysis and design workpackages for integrated software components, taking into consideration SITA’s software development stack and doing this in accordance with ICT standards and the enterprise architecture for Government.
• Model Target Business Solution Specification in accordance with ICT standards and the enterprise architecture for Government.
• Develop Target Business Solution Specification in accordance with ICT standards and the enterprise architecture for Government.
• Manage client’s expectations. to ensure that IT solutions meet client needs and Model Business Solution specification in accordance with ICT standards
• Execution of functional testing of software in accordance with SITA Test Executes test cases using SITA approved Testing Tools
• Participate in packaging and releasing of integrated IT software components in accordance with with ICT standards and the enterprise architecture for Government.
Qualifications and Experience
Minimum: 3-year Diploma / Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related IT field / NQF level 6.
Experience: 3-5 years’ experience in business analysis, business process management and business process engineering/reengineering. Including; experience in business modelling. experience in business architecture.
Technical Competencies Description
Knowledge of: Corporate and ICT Governance. Development, Implementation and Integration Methodologies, including Testing, Packaging and Release. IT Quality Management. Knowledge of business operations and systems requirements process. Knowledge of IIBA principles and practices. Business Process Management IT Security and ICT Standards. Legislative environment and IT Legislation, COTS (Commercial of the Shelf) Products OSS (Open Source Software) Products, Project Management. Application Maintenance and Support? Hosting and Converged Communication. Enterprise architecture framework (TOGAF, Zachman, FEAF, MODAF, GWEA Framework, MIOS).
Technical Competencies: Business Analysis; and Business Intelligence & Analytics.
Interpersonal/behavioural competencies: Attention to Detail, Analytical thinking, Disciplined, Resilience, Stress Management.
Other Special Requirements: N/A
How to apply
- To apply please log onto the e-Government Portal: www.eservices.gov.za and follow the following process;
- Register using your ID and personal information;
- Use received one-time pin to complete the registration;
- Log in using your username and password;
- Select Recruitment Jobs;
- Select Recruitment Citizen to browse and apply for jobs;
- Once logged in, click the Online Help tab for support if needed.
For queries/support contact the following people: Prudence.firstname.lastname@example.org, Buyiswa.Sicwebu@sita.co.za and Zanele.email@example.com
CV`s sent to the above email addresses will not be considered.
Closing Date: 25 January 2022
SITA is Employment Equity employer and this position will be filled based on Employment Equity Plan. Correspondence will be limited to short listed candidates only.
• If you do not hear from us within two months of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
• Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Please clearly indicate the reference number of the position you are applying for.
• It is the applicant
s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). • Only candidates who meet the requirements should apply. • SITA reserves a right not to make an appointment. • Appointment is subject to getting a positive security clearance, the signing of a balance score card contract, verification of the applicants’ documents (Qualifications), and reference checking. • Correspondence will be entered to with shortlisted candidates only. • CVs from Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted
• CV’s sent to incorrect email address will not be considered