Sanlam Direct Cape (PG 7)
Location: Bellville, Western Cape, South Africa
Company: Sanlam Group
Who are we?
Sanlam is dedicated to supporting, growing and empowering clients with affordable, easy and suitable solutions, primarily through face-to-face intermediary channels, but also directly. This role is within the financial planning business of Sanlam, which comprises a large force of both tied and independent intermediaries as we as the staff who support them. We are dedicated to meeting the financial needs of our clients. Our vision: We aspire to be the best at building enduring relationships by connecting clients with Sanlam through intermediaries and directly. We create sustainable value by attracting new clients, supporting ongoing client engagement and providing adaptive solutions designed to answer life’s financial questions. Ultimately we grow and protect wealth.
What will you do?
• Selling Insurance (car and household) telephonically
• Achievement of sales targets and objectives
• Adherence to Quality and Compliance processes to minimize business risk
• Manage your quality & compliance against benchmarks to minimize business risk, with the client in mind
• Maintain optimal operational efficiencies based on productivity measures
• Adapt and change to fit in with changing business operational requirements
• Resolve complaints and objections
• Build and maintain good client relationships
• Managing information regarding new products, rate changes, rulings, training updates etc.
• Keep abreast of developments and trends in the Industry – self learning
• Ensure commitment to the FAIS Fit & Proper qualification requirements
What will make you successful in this role?
Qualification & experience
• Grade 12 qualification
• At least 1 and a half years’ experience within a Sales Outbound Call Centre, or at least 2 years’ face to facesales experience (with targets attached to the sales)
• Financial services experience (advantageous)
• RE Exam Advantageous
• 30 FAIS Credits – Advantageous (Short-term Insurance)
Knowledge and skills
• Good understanding of Financial Services Industry related legislation and regulation
• Understanding of sales processes and servicing industry
• Outbound Sales experience is required
• Fluency in English and one other South African official language
• A clear criminal and credit record
• Commitment to the FAIS Act and meeting Fit & Proper qualification requirements
• Willingness to work overtime.
• Selling skills
• Computer literacy
• Planning and organising
• Building and maintaining relationships
• Treating Customers Fairly
• Results Driven/Achievement orientated
Cultivates innovation – Contributing independently
Customer focus – Contributing independently
Drives results – Contributing independently
Collaborates – Contributing independently
Being resilient – Contributing independently
Build a successful career with us
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its four business clusters – Sanlam Life and Savings, Sanlam Investment Group, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Santam, as well as MiWay and the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.
The closing date for all applications is Friday, 7th January 2022.
Please ensure that you CV attached to your application is an updated version of your entire working career to date.
We are looking for Sales Consultants within the SHORT-TERM environment to start by the 1st Febuary 2022 and the next phase of the recruiting process if you are successfully shortlisted is a telephonic pre-screen interview.
Our commitment to transformation
The Sanlam Group is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensuring a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. The Group’s Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process.
How to apply :