Location : Eastern Cape, South Africa by Staff Solutions
- Responding to and assess breakdowns when informed, compile the necessary reports and recommend what can be improved to eliminate similar failures in the future.
- Maintaining allocated tools & equipment and constantly lubricating moving parts on a daily basis.
- Carry out planned maintenance activities and maintain Paint shop mechanical installations and systems.
- Analyzing programmable logic controller programs for the purpose of modifying and find faults on the machines and equipment.
- Correcting various Mechanical, Electrical and Electronic types of fault on machines in order to ensure production continuity.
- Ensuring machine availability, accuracy and performance to enable continuous production within area of responsibility.
- Planning and developing modifications for conventional relay equipment to PLC equipment on various machines in order to reduce maintenance costs.
- Supporting production with new facility installations and commissioning to ensure proper functionality.
- Conduct store stock counts and documenting stock levels to ensure spare part availability at all times.
- NN Diploma, N Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering or any relevant Engineering qualification
- Certified training (Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Pumps, Conveyors, Lifting Equipment etc.)
- Minimum 3 years’ post graduate experience in a maintenance environment
- Extensive knowledge of pneumatics & hydraulics, conveyor systems, Vario Shuttle Technology, LPG burners (Advantageous), AC & DC motors / equipment and Kuka & Durr robots (Advantage Industrial PCs / HMI’s (installation, repairs and software packages), VSD’s (SEW & Danfoss), Siemens switch gear and PILZ safety devices)
- Be fluent in fault finding and problem solving techniques and be able to understand mechanical drawings, installation diagrams, equipment manuals etc.
- Ability to use various mechanical meters & testing equipment and understanding of the function / operation of basic mechanical systems
- Ability to improve machine performance by streamlining preventative maintenance tasks and frequencies
- Ability to carry out modifications to existing equipment by introducing the latest technologies available
- Sound technical knowledge with respect to mechanical installations and problem solving
How to Apply;