Closing Date of Advert 12/11/2021
Job Title Young Graduate Programme
Organizational Unit PICC Support Unit -> Technical Project Management Unit
Job Type Internship
Category Client Management
Education Level Bachelors Degree
Location GP ZA (Primary)
X7 Graduates opportunities exists within the Presidential Infrastructure Coordinating Commission department for Young Graduate Programme at our Sandton Offices and Pretoria.
These positions will be based on a 2 year (24 months) fixed term contract.
Infrastructure South Africa has an exciting 2-year Graduate Development Programme that will equip outstanding young graduates with the skills and experience required to kick-start their careers in all aspects of infrastructure investment planning, delivery, management, measurement and funding and financing.
Infrastructure South Africa is the central point of reference for the entire infrastructure value chain, inclusive of strategic infrastructure planning, packaging, investment and implementation across all spheres of government as well as between South Africa and Africa.
The Graduate Programme offers a unique opportunity to contribute to Infrastructure South Africa’s mandate. It is a 2-year assignment in programmes that form key focus areas within the organisation namely:
• ISA Centre of Excellence – which focuses on infrastructure research, forecasting and analysis as well as Ex Post analysis on infrastructure projects
• Infrastructure Investment Planning, Oversight and Strategy- which focuses on development of the infrastructure vision, objectives and implementation strategy to secure South Africa’s long-term economic and social goals
• Infrastructure Project Pipeline Development & Management – which focuses on the production of a robust and comprehensive pipeline of bankable infrastructure projects
• Infrastructure Investment Funding & Financing – which focuses on innovative funding and financing mechanisms and oversight of the Infrastructure Fund
• Infrastructure Delivery & Optimisation Management- which focuses on planning and development of integrated government precincts in urban and rural areas for public benefit maximisation and revenue maximisation
• Portfolio Management Office- which focuses on the production and analysis of project and portfolio management information and providing recommendations and insight where required and providing a transparent, single version of the truth on performance and progress as well as accountability of all projects submitted through the window of ISA.
• Technical Service Office which focuses on providing hands-on support to project sponsors and owners for the development of infrastructure projects from pre-feasibility to bankability and implementation.
• External Relations Programme that focuses on building and managing relationships with key stakeholders to support the implementation of Infrastructure South Africa’s mandate through effective intergovernmental relations, international engagements, social facilitation programmes and industry partnerships.
• Assisting Programme Managers and management teams with assignments and tasks as per the focus areas described above
• Conducting research and develop relevant reports
• Participating in coordination meetings with project owners and other critical stakeholders related to infrastructure investment, funding and development
• Contributing towards the drafting of documents such as work-programmes, briefs, presentations, concept notes, or any other document as required, ensuring that documents are accurate and comply to ISA format and style
• Contributing to resolving issues and problems that may arise in the implementation of projects
• Providing general administrative and office support, including, maintaining the calendar of events, and taking minutes
• Good report writing
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently under sustained pressure
• Ability to meet tight deadlines whilst delivering good quality outputs
• Ability to communicate at all levels
• Ability to work independently and in a team
Bachelor degree/Diploma (NQF7) in Economics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Law, Social Science, International Relations, Development Finance, Accounting, Psychology, Engineering and other built environment professions
No more than two years of relevant work experience acquired after completion of your degree
Under the age of 35 years at the time of applying for these position
Special Requirement: As our entity (IDC) provides financing and funding, the need to ensure Trust, Honesty and Integrity in all financial and non-financial activities must be above reproach
How to apply :