350 Witch-hazel Avenue, Eco Point Office Park, Eco Park, Centurion.
Private Bag X10, Highveld Park 0169
JOB TITLE : CORPORATE SECRETARY
JOB LEVEL : D5
SALARY : Total Annual Package (CTC) – R 1,190,471 – R1,400,554.00
LOCATION : ICASA (Head Office – Eco Park, Centurion)
POSITION STATUS : Permanent
Purpose of the job
To advise Council on their roles and responsibility to ensure compliance with governance principles and to ensure an effective and efficient secretarial support function is in place.
Key Outputs: The successful candidate will report to the Chairperson and the responsibilities include: ● Corporate Governance ● Accountability and Statutory Reporting ● Management of activities of Council Meetings ● Support Council in maintaining oversight over management ● Risk Management and Control ● Direction and Leadership.
Qualifications and Experience: ● Honours / 4 year Degree in Law (LLB) ● At least 5 years’ experience as a Corporate Secretary in medium and/or large company reporting to Council (Board) ● 2-3 Years within a Legal Advisor capacity ● 2 Years management experience in related field ● Working knowledge of the PFMA and other public sector governance frameworks ● Understanding of company structure and political processes and protocols in dealing with executive authority and parliament will be an added advantage ● Knowledge of Corporate Governance Standards ● Must be an affiliated member of the Chartered Secretaries Southern Africa.
Key Competencies and Attributes: ● Intellectual Maturity ● Independent and Critical Thinking ● Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills ● Computer Literacy ● Currency of General Knowledge and Important Global Trends ● Pro-active Approach to Solutions ● Relationship and conflict management skills ● Attention to detail ● Decision making ● Impact and influence ● Resource Management.
Closing Date: 22 July 2021.
To apply for this position, please visit https://www.icasa.org.za/pages/Careers.
All enquiries regarding this position should be directed to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ICASA is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment
• If you do not hear from us within three months of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
• Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
• It is the applicant`s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South
African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
• Only candidates who meet the requirements should apply.
• ICASA reserves the right not to make an appointment.
• Appointment is subject to a positive security clearance, verification of the applicant’s documents (Qualifications) and reference checks.
• Correspondence will be entered into with shortlisted candidates only.
• CVs from Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted.