Manager: Office of the CEO
Location: Head Office, 270 and 294 George Road, Errand Gardens, Midrand
Salary Package: R804 077, 76 (Total Cost to Company)
Culture, Arts, Tourism, Hospitality, and Sport Sector Education and Training Authority (CATHSSETA) is a public entity which is established in terms of the Skills Development Act No 97 of 1998 (SDA) as amended.
Suitably and qualified candidates are hereby invited to apply of the position:
Job Purpose: To provide administrative and governance support and to the Chief Executive Officer in managing the day-today operations of the entity.
Educational Requirements: Matric certificate plus a Bachelor in Business Management/ Public Administration/ Education or equivalent qualification rated at National Qualification Framework level 7 as determined by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). A qualification in Project Management will be an added advantage. 5-6 years’ experience in the public sector environment. 3-4 years’ experience as an office manager or rendering strategic support. Experience in a SETA environment will be an added advantage.
Competencies Required: Strategic Thinking, People Management and Development, Financial Management, Project and Programme Management, Stakeholder Engagement, Client Focus and Orientation, Emotional Intelligence, Honesty and Integrity, Team Player, Paying attention to details.
Knowledge and Skills required: Corporate Governance, Diversity Awareness and Management, Conflict Management, Interpersonal Relations, Excellent Report Writing, Project Management and Coordination, Activity Costing, Presentation, Analytical, Understanding of the Public Sector legislative and regulatory framework.
Job Responsibilities: Develop Operational Plans for the Office of the CEO and ensure effective implementation. Ensure that the Operational Plan is aligned with the Strategic and Annual Performance Plans of the SETA. Ensure that the activities contained in the Operational Plan are properly costed. Ensure that strategic and operation risk register for the Office of the CEO are prepared and mitigating plans successfully implemented. Ensure that all audit queries relating to the Office are timely responded to and no repeat findings are reported. Ensure that effective controls are in place and implemented to promote good corporate governance. Represent the CEO in various Fora as and when required. Coordinate all projects within the SETA and ensure that the register is kept and implementation being monitored through receiving and scrutinising progress reports that are submitted to the Executive Management by various Departments. Manage the budget and all procurement related activities that are undertaken in the Office of the CEO. Prepare Procurement Plans and Demand Management Plans for the Office of the CEO. Establish Document Management processes to ensure effective management of records within the Office of the CEO. Coordinate the development of operational policies of the SETA and keep a register of all the approved policies.
Ensure that all policies are periodically reviewed or updated and approved. Ensure that all policies submitted to the CEO for consideration are developed in accordance with the existing policy development guidelines. Ensure effective management of contracts for the Office of the CEO. Vetting and quality assuring all submission that are referred to the Office of the CEO for consideration.
Prepare presentations and reports for the CEO. Ensure that Annual Meeting Scheduled for Management Structures that are chaired by the CEO are timely prepared and communicated to all Managers. Continuously follow-up on the implementation of Board/Committees/Management Structures’ resolutions and assist the CEO to prepare reports to the Board and Committees.
Instructions to prospective applicants
• CATHSSETA is an equal opportunity employer committed to principles of Employment Equity.
• It is the responsibility of the applicants to familiarise themselves with the specific details of the positions they are applying for;
• Applications, indicating the position you are applying for on the email subject line, must be accompanied by a signed specified Application Form (accessible on the CATHSSETA website) and a detailed CV;
• Applicants must submit their applications ELECTRONICALLY ONLY via e-mail to email@example.com
• Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only;
• Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply;
• Shortlisted candidates will be subjected to screening and security vetting which is not limited to criminal records; citizenship status; credit-worthiness; previous employment record and qualification verification to determine their suitability for employment;
• It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA);
• CATHSSETA reserves the right to subject shortlisted applicants to psychometric evaluation, qualification verification, criminal and credit checks in accordance with its policies;
• All shortlisted candidates will be expected to avail themselves for an interview at CATHSSETA’s convenience;
• CATHSSETA reserves the right not to make an appointment to this position;
• Any queries may be directed telephonically to 011 217 0600 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org prior 16h00 on the closing date. Any queries received after the closing date will not be responded to;
• Applications are to reach CATHSSETA by 16h00 on 19 July 2021. Any application received thereafter will be disqualified and not considered; and
• If you have not heard from us within 60 calendar days after the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application unsuccessful.