The Housing Development Agency (HDA) is a national public sector development agency that inter alia has the mandate to identify, acquire, prepare, and develop suitable land for human settlements. The agency also undertakes the programme and project management for the development of housing and human settlements. The HDA carries out its functions in partnership with a range of stakeholders including national, provincial and local government and municipalities, as well as with communities, developers and financiers. It was established in 2009 through an Act of Parliament passed in 2008. The HDA is accountable to the Minister of Human Settlements, Water and Sanitation, through its Board to the Minister of Human Settlements.
EAST LONDON: PROJECT FACILITATOR
REPORTING LINE: DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Main Purpose: To facilitate buy-in to HDA projects by the beneficiary communities so that the communities are successfully moved to new BNG homes in a controlled and constructive manner supported by understanding and community support.
Key Performance Areas:
- COMMUNITY LIAISON:
• Creating effective communication networks with the community
• Promoting the project to the community
• Building a trusting and open relationship with the community through open, honest and realistic communication with the community
• Assisting to resolve conflicts involving the contractors and beneficiary communities
• Improving community knowledge about the housing and relocation process
• Providing feedback and insight into the construction and development process
• Setting up and implementing the services required to ensure understanding of the process in both the community and individual beneficiaries
• Develop and run training programmes that will promote project objectives
HDA / COMMUNITY INTERMEDIARY
• Establish systems required to liaise with the Project Managers and Project Administrators on the project status to provide feedback to communities
• Advising Project Manager and contractors on cross-cultural matters and awareness
• Assisting in building a beneficiary and stakeholder database
• Developing and compiling reports as required
• Establishing and maintaining good practice guidelines
• Ensuring the correctness, compliance and timeous collection of documentation received via contractors
• Any other reasonable administration requirements that may present themselves in the day to day functioning of the project.
• At least a grade 12 or equivalent qualification
• 3 years’ experience in a large-scale social / development environment of which 2 years must have been in a Community Liaison role.
• Computer Literacy
Please forward the recently updated CV (Clearly marked with the reference number of the position) in a Microsoft Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conditions of service:
The HDA is an equal opportunity employer
●Appointments will be made in accordance with the HDA EE policy and preference will be given to people with disabilities and females
●The HDA reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Candidates with disabilities and women are encouraged to apply.
Please do not send certificates, diplomas or testimonials. We thank all applicants for their interest. Communication will be conducted with short-listed applicants only.
The closing date for applications is 18 July 2021.
For enquiries, please contact Nhlanhla Ntuli, Tel (010) 446 7718 or email@example.com