(BURGERSDORP, ALIWAL NORTH, STEYNSBURG, VENTERSTAD AND JAMESTOWN)
The Walter Sisulu Local Municipality is a Category 2 Municipality. It is situated within the Joe Gqabi District Municipal Area, in the Eastern Cape. The municipality is looking for the services of vibrant, committed and suitably qualified individuals to fill the following position:
DIRECTOR: INSTITUTIONAL PLANNING AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
FIVE YEARS FIXED TERM CONTRACT
(The head office is based in Burgersdorp)
REMUNERATION: In line with Government Gazette 43122 of 20 March 2020 as the latest set of regulations between R815 063 / R905 626 / R996 188. p.a.
• Grade 12 or equivalent certificate;
• Bachelor’s Degree in Building Sciences, Architecture, Town and Regional Planning Development Studies;
• A relevant and appropriate NQF level 8 qualification will be a strong recommendation;
• A relevant Local Government experience, at least five (5) years must be at middle management level;
• Have proven successful Professional Development / Town and Regional Planning experience;
• National Treasury Minimum Competency requirement as amended in terms of Circular 60 and relevant experience will be an added advantage;
• Registration as a Professional Planner in accordance with the Planning Profession Act, 2002, (Act No.36 of 2002) will be an added advantage;
• Advanced understanding of Council operations, delegation of powers and good governance;
• Project management certificate or diploma will be an added advantage;
• Good understanding of budget and financial management; and
• A valid Code B Driving License.
The Director IPED duties will include but not limited to the following:
• Good knowledge and understanding of relevant policy and legislation;
• Good understanding of institutional governance systems and performance management;
• Good knowledge of supply chain management regulations and the Preferential Procurement Policy Framework Act, 2000 ( Act No.; 5 of 2000);
• Knowledge of geographical information systems; and
• Knowledge of spatial, town and development planning.
The following competencies as described in the National Treasury Minimum Competency Framework for Senior Managers are essential for the Director:
• Ability to provide, strategic, visionary and innovative leadership and management.
• Strategic and Operational Financial Management.
• Governance, Ethics and Values in Financial Management.
• Financial and Performance Reporting.
• Risk and Change Management
• Project Management
• Legislation, Policy and Implementation.
• Stakeholder Relations.
• Supply Chain Management.
• Audit and Assurance.
• An action-driven, Innovative and result orientated team player and far-sighted developmental strategist.
The Walter Sisulu Local Municipality is an equal opportunity employer and subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act (Act 55 of 1998). An incumbent will be subjected to Security Vetting and Competency Assessment. Subsequent to employment, an Incumbent will sign an employment contract and a performance agreement as regulated.
Kindly submit a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae with original certified and valid copies of qualifications and any other relevant documents. Failure to comply with these requirements shall disqualify an applicant. No faxed copies shall be accepted. Should you not receive any response within one (1) month after the closing date, please accept that your application was not successful.
Application forms are obtainable from the website (www.wslm.gov.za) or Switchboard / Reception at the following numbers: 087 630 0345 / 051 653 1819 or enquiries can be made with the Municipal Manager, Ms. FKP Ntlemeza @ 060 970 4290.
Walter Sisulu Local Municipality is under no obligation to fill the position after the advertisement thereof.
CLOSING DATE: WEDNESDAY, 21 APRIL 2021
Applications together with your CV’s must be addressed to:
Attention: Human Resources Office
The Municipal Manager
Walter Sisulu Local Municipality
01 Jan Greyling Street