INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERT
JOB TITLE: General Manager: Office of the Group Chief Executive
Officer (GCEO): 5-year contract
SALARY GROUP: General Management
LOCATION: Corporate Office (Umjantshi House)
DEPARTMENT: Office of the GCEO
DEPARTMENTAL MISSION: The primary purpose of this role is to provide strategic support services to the Group Chief Executive Officer including stakeholder management, project oversight, project management, business reporting and performance management. To be the sole point of contact for analysis, planning, performance and reporting in the office of the Group CEO.
Strategy and performance monitoring
• Forecast and conduct group performance in the GCEO’s office.
• Analyse and report on the macro and micro environmental aspects of the Group.
• Prepare and submit the analysis of performance of the Group against the business plan and group KPI’s and provide recommendations for improvements.
• Develop reports on Group performance and communicate these to the business and other identified stakeholders.
• Prepare and submit reports as required
• Executive special projects as assigned by the GCEO and liaise as necessary with executives to ensure timeous completion
Executive Office support
• Provide administrative support to the office of the GCEO.
• Work with Executive staff to align their actions and communications in support of agreed business performance goals.
• Ensures that the GCEO’s expectations are conveyed, and that progress is being made in a timely way.
• Ensures that executive teams needs are conveyed timeously to the GCEO for consideration
• Monitor implementation of resolutions from EXCO, Board, Board Committees and management committee meetings.
• Lead the preparation of relevant presentations and reports and any other assignments as required by the GCEO.
• Participate and attend all Executive Team meetings.
Stakeholder Management and Engagement
• Prepare stakeholder communication and reports for the office of the Group CEO
• Accompany Group CEO to stakeholder engagement meetings.
• Maintain good relations with Department of Transport and other relevant stakeholders internally and externally.
• Attend meetings where necessary on the behalf of the Group CEO.
• Manages and coordinates the work of the Group CEO to ensure timely and efficient delivery of service to the Board and other key stakeholders.
• Liaise with the shareholder and ensure monthly, quarterly reports
• A sound understanding and working knowledge of office management and practice
• Knowledge and understanding of regulatory bodies functioning within Railways industry and transport in general
• Displays original thinking and creative decisions in developing strategies and operational plans that clearly reflects company’s vision
• Ability to design and implement Project management methodologies
• Extensive knowledge of the business environment
• Excellent computer skills and relevant Project Management software and programs
• Strong organizational, administrative and analytical skills
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Project Management
• Demonstrating outstanding ability to interact with colleagues, internal and external customers
• Exceptional report writing and presentation skills
• Result orientated
• Honest and integrity
• High level of discretion due to exposure to confidential information and high – profile individuals
• Honours Degree in Law/Commerce Law/Commerce/ Public Administration
• Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) would be an added advantage
• Fifteen (15) years’ Administration, Project Management and Stakeholder Management experience in a fast paced, corporate environment
• Three (3) years Senior Management Experience
• Valid South African driver’s license
Please apply by completing an internal application form (internal applicants) and submitting this together with your complete CV to: Manager: Recruitment & Selection: Umjantshi House, HCM: Corporate Office, 30 Wolmarans Street, Braamfontein, for the attention of: Lungile Gabela or e-mail email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: 29 April 2021
Should you not hear from us within three (3) months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
ISSUED BY SENIOR MANAGER RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION
As per PRASA Employment Equity Plan, this position is earmarked as follows:
MALE: African, Indian, Coloured, White
FEMALE: African, Indian, Coloured, White