Chris Hani District Municipality is a Category 6 Municipality comprising of six (6) local municipalities, Intsika Yethu LM, Inxuba Yethemba LM, Emalahleni LM, Enoch Mgijima LM, Engcobo LM and Sakhisizwe LM, situated in the Northern Eastern Part of the Eastern Cape Province. The Municipality is looking for the services of committed, suitably qualified, experienced and highly motivated individual to fill the following position.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the below mentioned post. Chris Hani District Municipality subscribes to the principles of employment equity as espoused in the relevant legislation.
RE-ADVERTISEMENT – CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
[Five (5) year Fixed Performance Contract] Salary Package: Negotiable
• A Bachelor’s Degree or B. Tech Degree in Accounting/ Financial Management or relevant qualification at NQF level 7 or most preferable accredited Chartered Accountant (SA)
• A post graduate qualification in the above field will be an added advantage.
• A minimum of Five (5) to seven (7) years relevant experience of which five (5) years to be at senior management level.
• Valid driver’s licence
• Attainment of required minimum competencies for Chief Financial Officers in terms of Government Gazette No. 29967 on Minimum Competencies will be added advantage.
• Critical competencies that drive the strategic intent & direction.
• Core competencies that drive the execution of critical competencies.
Key Responsibilities: (include but are not limited to)
• Provide strategic financial management direction, advice and leadership to budget & Treasury Management, revenue management, asset management, expenditure, supply chain management, assets and financial report to the District Municipality.
• Fulfilling the role of Chief Financial Officer as prescribed by Municipal Finance Management Act 56 of 2003 and its regulations.
• Provide Strategic leadership and management on performance relate matters, governance, ethics and values in financial management.
• Provide an effective financial management services through development, implementation and maintenance of financial policies, procedures, best practices and electronic financial management systems.
• Facilitate development and implementation of the financial planning & budgeting process of the municipality and ensure compliance with legislation and regulations.
• Prepare & Submit regular reports to internal and external stakeholders within the period stipulated and legislated time frames.
• Provide support to Local Municipalities within the District.
Preference will be given to suitable qualified person in line with the employment equity act and approved employment equity plan of the district municipality
Enquiries may be directed to Municipal Manager: Mr. G Mashiyi at 045 808 4610
NB: APPLICANTS WHO HAVE PREVIOUSLY APPLIED NEED TO RE-APPLY
NOTE TO APPLICANTS
- It is compulsory to submit your application letter accompanied by a comprehensive CV, certified copies of your qualifications, certified identity document and certified copy of your valid driver’s license when required.
- No faxed CV’s or e-mail applications will be accepted. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date and time as determined by the Municipality. If the candidate / applicant is found canvassing any of the panelists he / she automatically disqualify him/herself.
- Appointment will be subjected to compulsory pre-employment screening in the form of determining the validity of qualifications, current and previous employment reference check, criminal checks and competency assessment.
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage to receive, applications will not be acknowledged. Should you not be contacted after 30 days from the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- Closing date of the advertisement is the 23 April 2021
Applications must be forwarded to:
The Chris Hani District Municipality, Human Resources Section
Private Bag X 7121, Queenstown, 5320 or hand deliver to 15 Bells Road, Queenstown