Salary total package: Negotiable
JOB SUMMARY :
General Worker is essentially responsible for providing assistance to artisans, and to perform
rudimentary maintenance tasks within the office as well as at observation sites.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS :
• The work includes assisting Weather Observers with manual tasks, both locally and at remote
• leaning of SAWS offices, vehicles and low level maintenance in the office;
• Receiving and dispatching of stock;
• Assist with the routine maintenance and installation of meteorological equipment;
• Sorting and archiving of documentation. Transportation of personnel and performing basic
REQUIREMENTS and ATTRIBUTES :
• Applicants must be in possession of a Grade 12 Certificate.
• Be in possession of a valid Driver’s Licence to be able to operate a light motor vehicle.
• The incumbent must be able to perform outdoor labour intensive duties.
• The post requires handyman skills, and the skills to operate a lawnmower machine.
• Communications skills.
Enquiries for the above-mentioned positions must be directed to: Mr Denny Maluleke, at Tel. (012)
Complete the E1 form (can be downloaded on
www.weathersa.co.za ) and forward your application
(Comprehensive CV with copies of qualifications) stating the name of the position & the reference
number to email@example.com.
No faxed or posted applications will be accepted.
Closing Date: 09 April 2021
Recruitment Agency applicant submissions will not be considered
Correspondence will be limited to short listed candidates from Thohoyandou and surrounding
Preference will be given to People living with disabilities in line with SAWS EE targets.
This is an EE
position and preference will be given to females, Africans, Indians and Coloureds (AIC).
Correspondence will be limited to short listed candidates only.
Candidates who have not been
contacted within 3 months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your
application was unsuccessful.
The organisation reserves the right not to fill this position. South African
Weather Service is an equal opportunity employer.